Saturday, August 22, 2009

LOVE AAJ-KAL


LOVE AAJAKAL is excellent movie. Saif and deepika perform career based performance. Eeven Rishi kapoor was good...Saifs veer singh was much better than akki's happy singh...Good direction by Imtiaz Ali...Music roxx...Well shot...Crispy editing...Overall a feel good movie...
I felt like...
I was with my fren Paras Nepal and Rajendra Basnet at Guna Cinema Gwarko and we laugh loud in hall without worrying about decorum, was young enough to connect with the actors there – yes, people in real life talk like that, and of course I love Imtiaz Ali and his now trademark frank natural sense of humour.
I think Saif was a tad miscast – he doesn’t look 25 as much as he may try, but I think he was pretty good, Deepika makes up for a lot with her smile and presence, and I and Paras and Rajendra too absolutely loved Harleen (played by a Brazilian – Giselle Monteiro!). Ali also does a couple of not-so-easily-noticed clever things – in the first couple of scenes in the Rishi Kapoor’s cafe, Rishi Kapoor is there in the background and his voice is audible without showing him explicitly.
The dance is not as good as song.......Choor Bazariii....la la la........

No comments: