Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Twelve Year in Kathmandu-1


I spent my labourious 12 year in Kathmandu. Just over 12 years ago I moved from remote village (Chhatiwan-4, Makawanpur) to search some opertunity to sustain myself. I’ve never written a single paragraph about those years.
Yet it’s never that easy to sustain myself in Kathmandu. Even though people with good intentions act as if those years never existed. But I don’t blame anybody because I’ve tried to forget those years too on many occasions. Time heals most wounds. I learned to trust persons. I gained friends who gave me Most important and opertunity, I learned to love people again. Never underestimate the sheer strength of the human heart.
For years I felt isolated and lonely. Lonely isn’t a topic one brings up among friends watching SportsCenter. It’s a "black cloud" topic. It was difficult to admit that I had failed at the very decision I’d been taught was the most important one I’d ever make.
I lived Chhauni Kathmandu. started little job in plastic industry . I didn’t have friends or family to share my feelings. I had to pick myself up and get on with my life. That’s a valuable skill for me. so I proud for me too.
They are a simple and first part of my life in Kathmandu. That struggle period moving to Seattle and working for some of the reputed company for me. I contact with academic persons. And they put me in a position where I was lucky enough to meet…………….
Yes, I have so many memories I’d prefer to forget to my mind, cann't. I think with the bad comes good. Even when it’s hard to find under a pile of mixed emotions of my life in Kathmandu.
That’s how life works. I no longer look back at those years as a miserable slice of life I’d soon forget. It was a time of growth, pain, learning, and humility.
All of which are worth keeping…………………

No comments: